Monday, April 13, 2015

HWJN


I have been reading this fantasy novel by an arabic author Ibrahim Abbas. It is about a spirit or a goblin (I don't know what to call it in english, but we call it Jinn in Arabic) who falls in love with a human girl. As usual, I don't like to spoil the story by telling and talking about the story events and ending.

It is a big change and twist in arabic fantasy novels, because you don't find many fantasy in Arabic unfortunately, but this novel is a good start.

What I really didn't like about this novel is the dialogues, Although the story was written in formal Arabic language, the dialogues were in Saudi informal Arabic language.
Also, the facts about the Jinn world that was given by the writer in the book... I don't know if these facts were based on a solid knowledge and resources. I mean how you can tell if these facts are really true? How can I believe something if i doubt that it is true... that was really annoying...

This novel was translated to English and can be found in amazon.com.

Rating:
3/5

No comments: