Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Museum of Islamic Art - Qatar


It opened on November 22, 2008. The Museum of Islamic Art is naturally focused on the artistic achievements of the Islamic world. It is the realization of a vision promoted for nearly two decades by His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Emir of the State of Qatar.

My best friend and I had the chance to visit it on Monday November 24, 2008. Actually because her sister works there, she brought us an invitation to visit the awesome museum. All thanks to my best friend and her sister. It was amazing, extremely beautiful and very huge. It is five stories and 17 galleries showing all about: Architectural Decoration, Carpets and Textiles, Paintings and Calligraphy, Ceramics, Metal, Jewellery, Glass, and Ivory. I bought books about it to know more details about this awesome art and its history. Also, I took some shots with my camera and I am going to post some of them to share with you the beauty of this art.

I am really planning to visit it again because it is very huge and I just covered the first and the second floor o.O . I advice everyone loves art and history to visit it and have fun ^_^



















3 comments:

myonlyphoto said...

Hi Nina,
Wow these are amazing shots, expecially first one is my fav.
Anna :)

Nina said...

Hi Anna,

Thank you for reading and for your nice comment ^_^
Your comments encourage me!! thank you.

Nina

Anonymous said...

I see this picture to be understood about the museum in Qatar. Nina, thanks to its sharing photos ... beautiful musuem. Regards from Yogyakarta City Indonesia.